UltraCart provides full-featured, easy to use shopping cart software for merchants to create their online store. By connecting to BlueSnap, you’ll be able to securely process global credit and debit card payments, as well as utilize BlueSnap’s reporting capabilities to better understand and track your business.
Auth/Capture and Separate Auth and Capture
Built-in Fraud Prevention and Risk Management
Credit and Debit Card Processing
Multiple Currencies and Multiple Languages
Partner Sandbox Testing
Payment Analytics and Reporting
You must have accounts at both UltraCart and BlueSnap to proceed.
BlueSnap requires a secure connection to process payments. You need to ensure that your domain is SSL certified and SSL is enabled. Click here to learn how.
BlueSnap supports the currencies listed here. We recommend configuring your store to only accept currencies supported by BlueSnap.
BlueSnap supports the countries listed here. If a shopper is located in one of these supported countries, they will be able to purchase with the BlueSnap payment module.
Your PCI requirements will be determined during a discussion with your BlueSnap Implementation Specialist.
- Get your BlueSnap API credentials and add the following IP addresses for UltraCart's production environment to be used for API calls. Both of these actions are performed on the same page; for instructions click here.
- Set up your statement descriptor. The statement descriptor is the description that appears on the shopper's credit card statement or bank statement for each transaction and helps the shopper identify the transaction.
- Go to Settings > General Settings.
- In the Branding Settings section, enter a Default Statement (Soft) Descriptor and Support Phone Number (both appear on the shopper's statement).
- Click Submit.
- To get paid, you need to configure your payout settings. Refer to Payout for more information.
- Get your BlueSnap API username and password and add the below IP addresses for UltraCart's production environment to be used for API calls. For instructions, see API Credentials.
In this step, you'll set up your statement descriptor, which is the description that will appear on the shopper's credit card/bank statement for each transaction to help them identify the purchase.
Go to Settings > General Settings. In the Branding Settings section, enter a Default Statement (Soft) Descriptor and Support Phone Number (both will appear on the shopper's credit card/bank statement). When you're done, click Submit.
To get paid, you'll need to configure your payout settings. See Payout for more information.
Follow the steps below to configure BlueSnap as your payment gateway in your UltraCart account.
In your UltraCart account, go to Configuration > Checkout > Payments.
In the Credit and Debit Cards section, click Connect Single.
Select BlueSnap from the list and configure the following settings:
- BlueSnap API Username: Enter your BlueSnap API username for production (or sandbox for testing purposes).
- BlueSnap API Password: Enter your BlueSnap API password for production (or sandbox for testing purposes).
- BlueSnap Environment: Select Production (or Sandbox).
- Methods: Select the card types you wish to accept.
Note: Please make sure that BlueSnap is the only payment gateway selected.
- Click Save.
While transactions are placed in your store’s base currency, you might have your store configured to display product prices in multiple currencies. To account for any differences between the currency conversion rates used to display prices on your website and the rates used by the shopper’s issuing bank, we recommend including a note on your checkout page that informs shoppers of potential price variations. For example: “The price listed is approximate and may vary slightly”.
Use BlueSnap's reporting capabilities to gain a comprehensive understanding of your business through the detailed transaction and payout reports, through payment conversions reports, and much more. Reports can be viewed right in your BlueSnap Console or pulled via the Reporting API to be parsed or pushed to your third-party reporting tools.
Updated 11 months ago