To offer the PayPal payment method, you'll need to begin by connecting PayPal with BlueSnap, as follows:
In order to allow BlueSnap to manage your transactions through PayPal, you need to have a PayPal Business or Premier account, and your account must be verified. To learn how to verify your account, see PayPal's documentation.
In PayPal, go to the API credentials section by going to Profile > Profile and settings > My selling tools. Next to API Access, click Update.
Under NVP/SOAP API integration, click View API Signature.
If you have not yet set up PayPal API credentials, select Request API signature and click Agree and Submit. If you already set up PayPal API credentials, the API username, password and signature are displayed.
Copy the PayPal API Username, API Password and Signature from the API signature page.
In the BlueSnap Merchant Console, go to Integrations > PayPal and enter the following information regarding your PayPal Account:
- PayPal Email
- PayPal API Username
- PayPal API Password
- PayPal Signature (from 2. Obtain PayPal API credentials).
Your PayPal Email
Your PayPal email is the email address you used to register for PayPal and the email you are using to log in to your PayPal account. You may have multiple email addresses associated with your PayPal account. These email addresses are the identities that PayPal uses to associate payments with a particular account.
Click Submit to save these settings.
You can accept PayPal payments in different currencies, provided you have PayPal balances in these currencies.
We currently support the following currencies for PayPal
AUD, CAD, CHF, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HUF, ILS, MXN, NOK, NZD, PHP, PLN, RUB, SEK, SGD, THB, TWD, and USD
- In PayPal, go to the Manage Currencies page to verify which currency balances you have, and whether you need to enable more:
- To get there in the Sandbox environment, go to My Account > Profile, and click the Manage currency balances link under Financial information.
- To get there in the Production environment, go to Summary > Money > Currencies.
- In PayPal, access the Payment Receiving Preferences. Under Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold, we highly recommend you select Yes, accept and convert them to U.S. Dollars. The other options will result in the transaction failing and an error message being displayed if the currency your shopper chooses during checkout is not one you support.
- To get there in the Sandbox environment, go to My Account > Profile, and click the Payment receiving preferences link under Security and risk settings.
- To get there in the Production environment, click the user icon next to the Profile link in the top menu, and go to Profile and settings. Then go to My Selling Tools and click Update next to Block payments.
- In the BlueSnap Merchant Console, go to Integrations > PayPal and click Sync Currencies. Your BlueSnap account will then be fully synchronized with your PayPal currency balances.
Please remember to come back to this section and sync currencies every time you add or delete a currency balance in your PayPal account.
To enable BlueSnap to receive PayPal notifications and include PayPal transactions in your reports, please configure PayPal notifications as follows:
- In PayPal, go to the Edit Instant Payment Notification (IPN) Settings page:
- To get there in the Sandbox environment, go to My Account > Profile, and click the Instant Payment Notification preferences link under Selling preferences. Then click Edit settings.
- To get there in the Production environment, click the user icon next to the Profile link in the top menu, and go to Profile and settings. Go to My Selling Tools and click Update next to Instant payment notifications. Then click Choose IPN Settings.
- On the Edit Instant Payment Notification (IPN) Settings page:
- Enter this URL into the Notification URL field:
- Select the Receive IPN messages (Enabled) radio button.
- Click Save.
Your PayPal account must use UTF-8 encoding in order to work properly with BlueSnap. To set this up, follow these steps:
- In PayPal, go to the Language Encoding page.
- To get there in the Sandbox environment, go to My Account > Profile, and click the Language Encoding link under Selling preferences.
- To get there in the Production environment, click the user icon next to the Profile link in the top menu, and go to Profile and settings. Go to My Selling Tools and click the PayPal button language encoding link under More selling tools.
- In the Language Encoding page, click More Options.
- In the More Encoding Options page, select: Encoding: UTF-8 and No, use: UTF-8.
- Click Save.
- Log out of your PayPal account.
In the BlueSnap Merchant Console, go to Purchase Flow > Payment Methods and select Show in the menu next to the PayPal payment method. Click Submit to save your change.
PayPal and other alternative payment methods displayed on this page may have different pricing from what you agreed with our sales rep. Please contact [email protected] to learn more about pricing.
After you have completed the above steps to connect PayPal and BlueSnap
If you are using a Hosted Payment Page: PayPal is now available as a payment method on your checkout pages! If you would like to also enable PayPal for subscriptions, see Enabling subscriptions with PayPal. If you would like to enable frictionless checkout by pulling the shopper details from PayPal, see Retrieving shopper details from PayPal.
If you are using BlueSnap's API: Take advantage of our built-in support for the PayPal payment method, with dedicated API calls and resources for PayPal transactions. Complete technical details are available in the Payment API PayPal Guide.
Updated 8 months ago