Manage your custom fields by going to Settings > Custom Fields. Here you can create and edit fields that track custom data for invoices, customers, and payments. Custom fields can also be used as placeholders in Cadences and the Select Custom Field can be used to filter records.
To create a new custom field, follow these steps:
Click New Custom Field.
Enter the custom field settings:
- Attribute For - Select whether you would like the custom field to apply to Customers, Invoices, or Payments.
- Name - Enter a name for the custom field.
- Type - Select the custom field type:
- String - Consists of any combination of characters.
- Number - A number-validated field.
- Currency - A currency-validated field.
- Select - This field enables the user to select from a list of pre-defined values. Records can then be filtered based on the values.
- Date - A date-formatted field.
- Linked Field (applicable to invoice and payment Custom Fields) - Linked fields pull data from a field in a customer record.
Depending on the custom field type chosen, complete any remaining steps.
You can specify which custom fields to display when you view customer, invoice, or payment records by following the steps below.
Go to Customers and select Customers, Invoices, or Payments.
Click the settings (gear) icon.
From the list, select which fields you would like to display.
Updated 6 months ago