Dynamic checkout customization with parameters
By default, the Hosted Checkout pages dynamically localize the currency, language, and payment options based on the shopper's IP address. You can control the appearance of some of the fields on your checkout pages, and pre-populate values in the fields, by adding specific parameters to your checkout page URL. These parameters are called "Hosted Checkout parameters."
For the complete list of available parameters, see Hosted Checkout Parameters.
For example, you could force the checkout page to appear in Danish and with the currency set to Euros by adding the
language=DANISH parameters to the checkout page URL.
This is what a complete URL may look like with these parameters:
What can I do with Hosted Checkout parameters?
Here are some common ways to use Hosted Checkout parameters:
- Accelerate the shopper's checkout experience by passing in shopper details you have previously collected
- Take control over the default settings on the page, such as default language, currency, and payment method
- Improve shopper convenience by passing coupon codes and promotions into the checkout page
How do I send the Hosted Checkout parameters?
You can send Hosted Checkout parameters in two ways:
1. As an HTTP GET request, with the parameters added directly to the URL.
You can manually add any of the Hosted Checkout parameters to your URL, using
& as the separator between parameters (see example above).
2. As an HTTP POST request, so that the parameters are inside the request rather than added to the URL.
Updated about 1 year ago