The AR Automation customer record serves as a single point of truth between sales, support, finance, and customer success teams.
Click Customers in the left navigation panel.
In the drop-down list, select Customer Records.
Click the customer name link.
This screen contains the customer details.
To edit the customer record, click the Actions menu () and choose Edit.
At the top of the screen is an icon bar with the following options.
Send notes, emails, trigger letters, texts, or send calls.
|Send E-mail||Send emails directly.|
|Letters||Send letters from the account.|
|Send SMS||Send texts.|
|Actions menu||Provides the following options.|
|Edit||Lets you edit the customer.|
|Payment method link||Lets you enter payment info for the customer, or directly send the link to the customer for manual input.|
|Pay Balance Link||Link manually directs the customer to make a payment.|
|Send an Invitation||A message to invite the customer to their portal.|
|Change Customer Health||visual indicator that indicates the standing of the account.|
|Send Invoices||Sends specific invoices directly to customer.|
|Disable Auto Payments||Stops payments from being processed automatically.|
|Enable Auto Pay Schedule||Starts payments being automatically processed.|
|Add Credit||The amount of money that will be subtracted from the invoice.|
|Change Cadence||Change the communication rules.|
|Remove Cadences||Completely delete the cadence from the account.|
|Generate Statement||Summary of open invoices. |
Note: If you don't get a new window after clicking Generate Statements, you must disable the pop up blockers.
|Disable Late Fees||Stops any late fees for being created.|
| Timeline||A log of all events that took place on the account, in chronological order.|
|Re-sync||Initiate manual synchronization for a specific customer record.|
|Merge||Merge two different customers into one record.|
|Change Owner||Change customer's owner.|
|Transfer Payment Method||Transfer payment method from one customer to another (only applicable for customers under the same entity).|
|Archive||Archive customer record in AR Automation.|
The following are the customer data fields.
The way the customer's name is presented throughout the system.
|Custom Fields||Custom data for customers, invoices, and employees|
|Additional Information||This is where you define the ownership, parent ownership, and child invoices.|
|Contacts||This defines other people who have access to the customer portal and messages. |
Note: The Contacts information cannot be changed in AR Automation if you are connected to an accounting system.
|Outstanding Balance||This is pulled directly from the accounting system and lists the customer's balance.|
|Unapplied Credits||Credits that have not yet been applied to the customer's account. For more details, refer to Create an Unapplied Credit.|
|Payment Method||Specifies if the customer has a payment method on file.|
|Auto Payments||Enables or disables automatic payment rules for the customer. (By default, this is set to Enabled for all customers.)|
|Auto Pay Schedule||Lets you create an automatic payment schedule for the customer.|
|Last Payment||Last payment recorded in the system.|
|Last Contacted||Last time an email was sent to a customer.|
|Preferred Payment Method||The options a customer is allowed to pay with.|
|Default Invoice Template||If a customer has more than one invoice template they can select different payment methods for each.|
|Account Number||The number attached to the account.|
|Cadence||The rules (cadences) they are assigned to.|
|Phone Number||Number for contact.|
|Customer Portal||Either enabled or enabled. This sends an invite to the account holder to access the account. Once accepted, the account holder is enabled to enter the account.|
|Ownership||Different types of owners of the customer (Billing Owner). The billing owner is primarily responsible for any cadence related tasks.|
|Account Manager/Sales Rep||Owners that are included in the cadences.|
|Manager||This person can see the customer even if assigned to a role with limited access. For more information, refer to Roles.|
|Aging summary ||Summary of invoices broken up into separate groups.|
Click Unapplied Credit and then click the pencil icon.
Click Add Credit screen opens.
Enter the Amount of the total that the credit.
Enter a Description showing what the credit is for.
Once the credit is added, the invoice balance decreases.
To edit the customer's automatic payment settings, first, make sure Auto Pay is enabled, then complete the steps below to modify their automatic payment schedule.
Next to Auto Pay Schedule, click the pencil icon.
Configure the following settings:
- Interval - How often open invoices should be automatically charged.
- Start/End Date - The start/end date for auto payment.
- Charge Due Invoices Only - Select this to charge only invoices that are due or past due, instead of all open invoices.
- Do not charge sub-accounts - Select this to only charge invoices under the parent account, instead of charging all invoices under the parent and child accounts.
- Click Save.
The automatic payment rule will run according to the schedule you created. When running, the system will check every 20 minutes to see if any open invoices match your rule. For example, if you set the interval to Daily, the system will check every 20 minutes for invoices to charge.
If you need to delete a customer record and all the associated data, you can select the Delete option on the Customers page or on the Customer Record page. This action will irreversibly erase the following information from our records:
- Customer's Record
- All related contacts with personal data
- Objects related to a specific customer: Invoices, Payments, Subscriptions, Notes, Communications, Statements, Refunds, Credit Memos, Quotes, Documents, Attachments, Payment Plans, Payment Methods, and Timeline events
- Customer Portal login data
- Bluesnap Vaulted Shopper record with all customer information stored on the BlueSnap account
- If you delete a customer in your AR account, it won’t be removed from your accounting system automatically. You will need to do so manually.
- If you do not want to delete the customer record in AR irreversibly, you can select the Archive option instead.
- Customers with active, authorized payments (ACH/SEPA, etc.) cannot be deleted.
You have the option to merge two customer records in order to consolidate duplicate customer accounts. Once a merge is complete, it cannot be reversed.
Follow the steps below to merge customers:
- Open the customer records you wish to keep.
- Click the action menu button (three vertical dots) and select the Merge option.
- Select the source customer: The source customer is the record that will be merged into the target customer.
- Select the target customer: The target customer is the record into which the source customer will be merged.
- When merging, all invoices, payment information, and communication history associated with the source customer will be combined with the target customer. The profile of the source customer will be deleted once all the relevant data has been transferred to the target customer.
- Blank fields in the target customer record will be populated with data from the source customer. For example, if the source customer has a payment method while the target customer does not, the payment method from the source customer will be attached to the target customer. However, if both customers have a payment method upon merge, the target customer's payment method will remain unchanged.
- Contacts: All contact information associated with the source customer will be merged into the target customer.
- Notes: Any notes recorded for the source customer will be transferred to the target customer.
- Communication History: The complete history of communication, such as emails or letters, will be merged into the target customer's record.
- Invoices, Payments, Statements, Refunds, Credit Memos: All financial transactions related to the source customer will be consolidated with the target customer's data.
- Subscriptions: If the source customer has any subscriptions, they will be transferred to the target customer during the merge.
- Payment Plans: Any existing payment plans associated with the source customer will be merged into the target customer.
- Documents: All documents created for the source customer will be moved and associated with the target customer.
- Attachments: Any attachments saved to the source customer will be merged and linked to the target customer's record.
At the bottom of the screen is a toolbar with the following options.
Written customized information.
|Communication||All inbound and outbound communication between contacts through the connected email accounts.|
|To-Do||All tasks created for the customer (mostly cadence related). For more information, refer to To-Do Lists.|
|Transactions||All Invoices, payments, statements, credit memos, and refunds.|
|Subscriptions||Shows any subscriptions the account has. For more information, refer to Subscriptions.|
|Payment Plans||Shows any payment schedules for the account. For more information, refer to Payment Plans.|
|Documents||Allows you to create documents that can be sent out for electronic signature.|
|Attachments||Shared with the customer in their customer portal and are used to share information back and forth.|
Back to Top
Updated 26 days ago