Roles give users a specific level of access to any feature or section of the platform.
All existing roles (including default roles) are available from this screen.
In the Roles screen, click Add Role in the top-right of the screen.
Enter the Name of the role.
Select the Access Level for the role. You can then customize the viewable data by editing the Entity Privileges for the role.
- A user assigned to a role with Limited access only sees customers, prospects, and data for accounts they own, meaning they are the Owner, Sales Rep, or Account Manager.
- A user with Full access sees all customers and data.
Click the Privileges tab and define the access privileges for each object, such as customers, invoices, quotes, and Virtual Terminal.
Select the Default Dashboard for the role. For more information, refer to Dashboards.
Click the Dashboards tab and define the access privileges for each dashboard.
Click Save in the top-right of the screen.
User cannot see the object.
|User has Read-Only access.
|User can view and create new objects, but cannot edit.
|User can view, create, and edit objects.
|User has Admin-level permission for the object.
- Open the user list under Account > Users.
- Click the Actions menu () for the user.
- Select the Change Role and select the role.
Back to Top
Updated 3 months ago