This setup guide supports Shopify's Inline Checkout option.
You must have accounts at both Shopify and BlueSnap to proceed.
Before you get started:
Please complete these steps in your BlueSnap Console.
In this step, you'll set up your statement descriptor - the description that will appear on the shopper's credit card/bank statement for each transaction to help them identify the purchase.
Go to Settings > General Settings. In the Branding Settings section, enter a Default Statement (Soft) Descriptor and Support Phone Number (both will appear on the shopper's credit card/bank statement). When you're done, click Submit.
To get paid, you'll need to configure your payout settings by going to Settings > Payout Method. Click here for more information.
Please complete these steps in your Shopify account. Note that you'll need your gateway credentials from BlueSnap at this time.
- Go to Settings > Payments, and click Change Provider.
Select Third party credit card provider, and select Network Merchants (NMI) from the Provider list. Click Continue.
Configure the following settings:
- Gateway Username - Enter your gateway username that BlueSnap provided.
- Gateway Password - Enter your gateway password that BlueSnap provided.
- Cards Accepted - Select the cards you wish to accept.
Note: Please leave Use Test Mode disabled.
To locate orders in your BlueSnap Console, follow these steps:
- You'll first locate the order's payment reference number in Shopify. The value is a unique ID used to identify the order.
In your Shopify account, go to Orders, click Export. In the Export Orders popup, select your export settings and click Export Orders.
The report will be sent to you via email. Locate this email and click the attachment to view the report. Once you have opened the report, locate the Payment Reference column. The unique values in this column will be used to locate the orders in BlueSnap.
- Log in to your BlueSnap Console and go to Transactions > Find a Transaction. From the ID Type dropdown, select Merchant Transaction ID / Seller Order ID . In the field to the right, enter the order's unique ID that you located in the previous step. Once you enter the relevant information and click Locate, the order record will appear.
You'll be able to view details, such as price, shopper information, merchant information, and more.
In BlueSnap, the order's unique ID is known as Merchant Transaction ID. You'll use the Merchant Transaction ID when locating orders and viewing reports (such as Payout Detail and Transaction Detail reports).