BigCommerce enables merchants of all sizes—enterprise, small, and B2B—to run their store on a scalable, e-commerce platform. By connecting your BigCommerce store to BlueSnap, you can securely process global card payments, and dig into the data that fuels your business through BlueSnap’s reporting.
Auth/Capture and Separate Auth and Capture
Built-in Fraud Prevention and Risk Management
Multiple Currencies and Multiple Languages
Partner Sandbox Testing
Payment Analytics and Reporting
Payment Methods: Credit/Debit Cards and Splitit
You must have accounts at both BigCommerce and BlueSnap to proceed.
If you need a BigCommerce account, go to the BigCommerce site to sign up.
If you need a BlueSnap account, go to the BlueSnap website to get started.
A PCI compliance of SAQ-A is required.
Contact an Implementation Specialist to get your account ready. BlueSnap provides you with the gateway credentials you use in Step 2.
Set up your statement descriptor. The statement descriptor is the description that appears on the shopper's credit card statement or bank statement for each transaction and helps the shopper identify the transaction.
- Go to Settings > General Settings.
- In the Branding Settings section, enter a Default Statement (Soft) Descriptor and Support Phone Number (both appear on the shopper's statement).
- Click Submit.
To get paid, you need to configure your payout settings. Refer to Payout for more information.
Complete these steps in your account at the BigCommerce site. You need your gateway credentials from BlueSnap for this.
- Go to Store Setup > Payments. Click the Online Payment Methods section to expand it, and click Set up next to BlueSnap Payments.
Configure the following settings:
- Display Name — Enter the name the shopper see during checkout. For example, you might enter Credit Cards.
- Gateway Username — Enter your gateway username (provided by BlueSnap).
- Gateway Password — Enter your gateway password (provided by BlueSnap).
- Transaction Type — Leave the default setting.
- Require CVV — We recommend setting this to Yes to require shoppers to enter their CVV during checkout.
- Duplicate Window — Leave the default setting.
- Click the Checkout Payment Settings tab and de-select Enable test credit card payments.
Awesome! You're ready to start accepting live transactions.
When doing a refund, do not select the option Refund transaction processed external to BigCommerce. This option is intended solely to note that a refund was processed manually. If you select this option, no refund is processed.
While transactions are placed in your store’s base currency, you might have your store configured to display product prices in multiple currencies. To account for any differences between the currency conversion rates used to display prices on your website and the rates used by the shopper’s issuing bank, we recommend including a note on your checkout page that informs shoppers of potential price variations. For example: “The price listed is approximate and may vary slightly”.
Use BlueSnap's reporting capabilities to gain a comprehensive understanding of your business through the detailed transaction and payout reports, through payment conversions reports, and much more. Reports can be viewed right in your BlueSnap Console or pulled via the Reporting API to be parsed or pushed to your third-party reporting tools.
Updated about a month ago