Payment Link is a built-in feature of the Virtual Terminal that lets you generate a unique, secure link you can send to your shopper. The shopper then enters their payment details in the BuyNow page.
- Send a secure payment link for invoices, one-time transactions, or recurring payments.
- Increase shopper confidence by allowing them to enter their own sensitive payment details.
- Available for credit cards, ACH, Visa Checkout, MasterPass, PayPal, Wire Transfers, and more.
To get started with Payment Link, make sure you've completed the steps necessary to use Virtual Terminal.
Note: PCI-compliance level SAQ C-VT is required to use Virtual Terminal with Payment Link.
After you've completed the Virtual Terminal Setup, you can move on to specifying which payment methods you would like to appear on the BuyNow page for your shopper. Click here to learn how to set up those payment methods.
- In the Merchant Console, go to Transactions > Virtual Terminal.
- Define the relevant settings, such as the price and quantity. To set a limited time for the payment link, choose one of the options in the Link expiration field, which works for new and returning shoppers. For example, this setting is useful for discounting a price for a limited number of days.
If you use the Link expiration setting with a returning shopper (meaning you enter the Returning Shopper ID, the returning shopper can only perform one-click purchases for a certain length of time. This helps prevent stored card abuse.
- Click the Link button.
- Copy the URL for the BuyNow page by clicking Copy to clipboard.
- Give this URL to the shopper so that they can enter their own payment information in the checkout page.
When the shopper opens the URL in their web browser, they'll be interacting with our BuyNow page. Here, they'll select their payment method, enter their information, and confirm the order.