BlueSnap’s integration with ClickFunnels enables you to leverage the ClickFunnels platform while taking advantage of BlueSnap’s global payment gateway technology.
Follow this simple setup process to get up and running quickly.
In this step, you will create BlueSnap API credentials. You will need these later when you configure BlueSnap in ClickFunnels.
- Access your BlueSnap Merchant Console by logging into your production account.
- Go to Settings > API Settings.
- Define your API password.
- Add the following IP address:
- Click Request API Credentials. The credentials are generated and your new API Username is displayed.
The statement descriptor (or "soft" descriptor) is the description that shopper sees on their credit card or bank statement for each transaction, and typically includes the business name and a shopper support phone number. It can also include information such as the product name.
- Go to Settings > General Settings > Branding Settings
- Enter the Default Statement Descriptor and Support phone number.
Note: You can enter up to 20 characters for the statement descriptor along with your phone number. Both will display on your customer’s card statement.
- Click Submit
To get paid, you will need to configure payout settings by going to Settings > Payout Method in the Merchant Console. Click here for more information.
Please follow these steps in your ClickFunnels account to configure BlueSnap as your payment gateway. You'll need your BlueSnap API credentials at this time.
- Log in to your ClickFunnels account and go to Account > Payment Gateways.
- From the list of available payment gateways, select BlueSnap.
- Enter your BlueSnap API Username and Password.
- When you're done, save your configuration settings, which will sync your ClickFunnels and BlueSnap accounts. If successful, a confirmation message will be displayed (i.e. "Successfully Connected").