The BlueSnap module is supported for PrestaShop versions 1.5 and 1.6.
You must have accounts at both PrestaShop and BlueSnap to proceed.
This guide assumes that you already have the PrestaShop software installed and uploaded to your server.
BlueSnap requires a secure connection to process payments. You'll need to ensure that your domain is SSL certified and SSL is enabled for Prestashop. For more information, check out PrestaShop's documentation.
BlueSnap supports the currencies listed here. If a shopper chooses a currency not shown on this list, BlueSnap will not be available.
The BlueSnap module is available for download on GitHub.
Download the file bluesnap.zip to your machine.
Log into PrestaShop as an admin, and go to Modules and Services > Modules and Services.
Click Add a new module.
In Add a New Module section, click Choose a file, and select the BlueSnap module file.
Click Upload this module.
After the module has finished uploading, go to the Modules List section, and search for the BlueSnap module.
Next to the module, click Install.
If you're not there already, go to Modules and Services > Modules and Services (or Modules and Services > Payment) in your PrestaShop admin account.
- Locate the BlueSnap module and click Configure.
- Locate the URL in the BlueSnap configuration. You'll add this URL to your BlueSnap account in Step 5 when you set up IPN's.
- Configure the following settings:
Select Yes to work with your BlueSnap sandbox account. If yes, enter your Sandbox username and Sandbox password.
Select No to work with your BlueSnap production account.
Note: Set this to No when you are ready to start accepting live transactions.
- Enter your API username for your BlueSnap Sandbox account.
- Leave the field blank if you don't want to change your Sandbox API password.
Is Debug Mode Enabled
Select Yes to have communications between PrestaShop and BlueSnap recorded in the log file which is located in
modules/bluesnap. We recommend using this option during the development of your site or if you're experiencing any problems.
Select No to opt out of logging communications between PrestaShop and BlueSnap
- Enter your API username for your BlueSnap Production account.
- Be sure to enter your Production API credentials in order to go live.
- Leave this field blank if you don't want to change your API password.
Statement Soft Descriptor
- This descriptor will appear on the shopper's billing statement to help them identify the purchase.
Enable Vaulted Shoppers
Select Yes to allow logged-in shoppers the option to store their credit card details for future purchases.
Select No to disable this option.
Use BlueSnap Exchange Rate Converter
- Be sure to select Yes. This feature enables BlueSnap's currency exchange rates to be used during transaction.
- Click Save.
It is recommended that you add a line to your crontab. The crontab is an application that runs in the server operating the PrestaShop application, and is in charge of scheduled actions. It handles exchange rate updates to ensure that currency conversion is done with the most updated rates.
The crontab file is available to you in most UNIX/Linux based machines, and often can be found in
/var/spool/cron. If you are not sure where your crontab file is, please reach out to your IT team or hosting provider for more details.
- From your admin account, go to Localization > Currencies.
- In the Automatically Update Currency Rates section, locate the URL.
- Add a line to your crontab file that will get the updated currency rates from the URL in the previous step. Make sure to schedule the task to run regularly (i.e. every 5 min).
Updating currency rates after re-enabling the BlueSnap module
If you need to re-enable the BlueSnap module for any reason, it is recommended that you complete the following steps after you've re-enabled the module. These steps ensure that the currency rates will be updated with BlueSnap's rates.
- In your PrestaShop admin account, go to Modules and Services > Modules and Services, and click Configure next to the BlueSnap module.
- On the configuration page, click Save.
Instant Payment Notifications (IPNs) are webhooks that trigger an HTTP POST message to your PrestaShop account when an important event occurs. Follow the steps below to set up IPNs.
Log into your BlueSnap account and go to Settings > General Settings.
In the Notifications section, select Receive Instant Payment Notifications.
Update the IPN URL(s) field with the URL you obtained in Step 3.
- Click Submit.